These are the core of PNPL’s research, focusing on topics of interest in pathology and laboratory management. They include nationally known experts as well as representatives from Member practices who are collaborating to produce practical deliverables.
Digital Pathology and AI
- Chaired by Dr. Raj C. Dash, Vice-Chair of Pathology at Duke University
- Objective: to develop a packet of documents designed to build the case for implementing Digital Pathology
- Chaired by Dr. Michael Laposata, Chair, UTMB Department of Pathology
- Objective: to publish a research paper presenting successful models of integrated diagnostics in a peer-reviewed journal
Corporate Social Responsibility (starting in 2023)
- Chaired by Dr. Cory Roberts, President of AP at Sonic Healthcare
- Objective: activities and research on topics such as “Green” Laboratories and Health Equity
PNPL’s networking teams provide peer-to-peer forums for Member and Panelist practices. These committees meet regularly to share pressing challenges and exchange best practices. Each session consists of a tailored presentation by an industry expert, followed by a roundtable discussion.
Practice Leadership Council
- C-Suite executives from geographically diverse practices meet bimonthly to exchange ideas
- Discussion of topics ranging from Recruitment and Retention to Billing Issues and Hospital Negotiations
- Quarterly meetings to discuss current issues in compliance and share documents, presentations, and templates
- Topics include Cybersecurity, Surprise Billing, and HIPAA
Pathologists’ Assistants in Nontraditional Roles
- Chaired by PNPL Technical Director, Heather Gaburo, who was selected as one of ASCP’s “40 Under Forty” honorees in 2022
- Discussions focus on how PathAs can contribute value in nontraditional roles
PNPL publishes its work products in a variety of formats.